Thanks for the links. That does seem to largely confirm that what I haven't
horribly misunderstood anything and I've not been doing anything obviously
wrong while converting my disks; there's no point specifying separate WAL/DB
partitions if they're going to go on the same device, throw as much space as
you have available at the DB partitions and they'll use all the space they can,
and significantly reduced I/O on the DB/WAL device compared to Filestore is
expected since bluestore's nixed the write amplification as much as possible.

I'm still seeing much reduced recovery speed on my newly Bluestored cluster,
but I guess that's a tuning issue rather than evidence of catastrophe.

Rich