Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply!
I'm a big fan of keeping things simple - this means that there has to be
a very good reason to put the WAL and DB on a separate device otherwise
I'll keep it collocated (and simpler).

as far as I understood - putting the WAL,DB on a faster (than hdd)
device makes more sense in cephfs and rgw environments (more metadata) -
and less sense in rbd environments - correct?

br
wolfgang