Hi all,

I'm trying to remove the cache from a erasure coded pool where all osds are bluestore osds and allow_ec_overwrites is true. I followed the steps on http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/cache-tiering/, but with the remove-overlay step I'm getting a EBUSY error:

root@ceph001 ~]# ceph osd tier cache-mode cache forward --yes-i-really-mean-it
set cache-mode for pool 'cache' to forward

[root@ceph001 ~]# rados -p cache cache-flush-evict-all

[root@ceph001 ~]# rados -p cache ls

[root@ceph001 ~]# ceph osd tier remove-overlay ecdata
Error EBUSY: pool 'ecdata' is in use by CephFS via its tier
[root@ceph001 ~]# ceph osd pool set ecdata allow_ec_overwrites true
set pool 7 allow_ec_overwrites to true
[root@ceph001 ~]# ceph osd tier remove-overlay ecdata
Error EBUSY: pool 'ecdata' is in use by CephFS via its tier

I tried this with an fs with replicated pool as backend, and this worked.

Is there another thing I should set to make this possisble?

I'm on Luminous 12.2.2

Thanks!

Kenneth