`systemctl list-dependencies ceph.target`

Do you have ceph-osd.target listed underneath it with all of your OSDs
under that?  My guess is that you just need to enable them in systemctl to
manage them.  `systemctl enable ceph-osd@${osd}.service` where $osd is the
osd number to be enabled.  For example for osd.12 you would run `systemctl
enable ceph-osd@12.service`.