I believe that the standard mechanisms for launching OSDs already sets the thread cache higher than default.  It's possible we might be able to relax that now as async messenger doesn't thrash the cache as badly as simple messenger did.  I suspect there's probably still some value to increasing it over default though for SSDs.

Mark