I originally wrote the chapter on the Application
Framework which was correct for 4.01. This included a
section on Locking. Scope was not available at the
time, it was implemented due to requests by myself,
Nate and various other people. When the chapter was
revised (not by me - I had a baby to take care of...)
the chapter was not updated as I would have done it. I
apologize for this, and will rectify it in the 5.0
release. The code still works, and there is a note
about it at the end of the chapter, but I would have
changed all code in the chapter to reflect the changes
in 4.5.

Just so you know, 5.0 will have a new CFLOCK chapter
all to itself that will explain things in a completely
up-to-date manner.

For your information, here is the info on
session.sessionid:

"Session.SessionID      A variable unique to each session.
It is a combination of the application name, the CFID,
and CFTOKEN variables. It appears as
AppName_50_25239742 (where 50 is the CFID and 25239742
is the CFTOKEN). Use this variable in conjunction with
CFLOCK to secure read/write access to your session
variables."

 I think the problem is that you are using the name
and scope attributes together.

Also, to Michael Smith's comment:

"If you don't have any structures or queries in the
session vars it would be
best to convert to client vars (stored
in database rather than registry) as these don't need
locks at all..."

Sessions and client management have two different
purposes. Session management is meant for a short
period of time, and does not need data source setup.
Client variables are meant to persist over multiple
sessions. It is funny because when session variables
first came out...everyone was saying...stop using
client variables!! But I think you need to judge based
upon your purpose and application what is best. Do you
use them interchangeably?

-Kristin

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/