> For an example of session locking craziness - some folks try to
> copy the session scope inside CFLOCKs then use the
> copy without locks. Unfortunately if you use StructCopy to do
> this any structures in your session scope will only
> have the pointers copied and when you access the copy it will
> really access the session var itself! However the
> copy will fool the CF admin's strict lock checking for CFLOCK
> making you think your site is lock safe when really
> it isn't... (The 4.5.1 duplicate() function was created to get
> around this issue).

But do NOT forget that the duplicate() function in the current release is
broken. It creates pointers if the original struct has an array that has a
struct in it. We have a fix for this in the KBs somewhere.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ UIN : 3679482