Be my wife!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 April 2001 13:58
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: For those of you without a CS Degree

Computer sciences do not have a lock on teaching logic. In actuality, I
believe that most Computer sciences are fairly latecomers as far as
teaching logic is concerned. Philosophy immediately comes to mind in that
respect. 'Programming logic' per se is simply the application of a logical
process applied to the act of programming. I have seen some students of CS
degree studies who couldn't 'logic' their way out of a paper bag....or have
the sense to turn around to exit said paper bag.

As far as I'm concerned, pure logic, untempered by intuitive leaps, is a
cold thing. Why be pedantic, when one can make intuitive leaps and
accomplish the same results?

Besides which, just because I don't have a CS degree, doesn't mean that I
can't learn 'programming logic' - that is a learned ability.

Jeffry Houser put into words:

>   For those of you who are doing programming-type stuff without a CS
>degree.  How did you learn programming logic?  (Or did you?)  I just can't
>imagine doing a good job without knowing what I know.  I've seen so much
>bad code.

Judith Taylor
ICQ: 67460562
Freelance ColdFusion Developer

Friends don't let friends code before coffee.