No no no....
pull it up selector...hooold up!

I wouldnt' have minded..if this guy had created something good..no no..not
even something good..something DECENT!

BUt the half-assed, thoughtless, childish...SCRAPPY stuff he came out with
after so long is just about inexcusable!

Look at it here: www.carigamer.com/ofl
www.carigamer.com/ofl/product_frame.html

Look at that! Those are the two pages..

I mean..

W.....T.....FfffffFFFF!??

I'm not a graphic artist..and that looks like something I did!
The guy that used to work here before created sites like
www.opentelecom.com
www.computersandcontrols.com

Thats the kind of work I'm accustomed to integrating with.

I never had to sit with this guy and TELL him how to design a site.He's a
designer..thats his job..I'm a web application developer..I'm not going to
ask him whether I should use a CFLOOP or a CFOUTPUT QUERY...ya know?
But he left the company to go freelance.

Sure I have design experience..and I'm supposed to CO-ORDINATE the
activiites of the team as team leader/senior ..but not tell someone exactly
what to do ya know??
10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2........GNNNNN!

ANyways..the meeting was a bust!
:(

THe woman was like,..after sitting with you all for an hour and a half three
weeks ago...this is what you come up with for a demo?

She was like..our focus is on wellness..what does this say for wellness and
the ailments? We don't want to focus on product..we want to focus on
ailments..and about them..and then the product that treats that ailment..

And I had to TRY to bullshit her..and I freaking HATE doing htat.!

"Well..the blue represented wide open vista of health..the yellow sort of
brings in the color of your logo..and the shape..a sort of gentle curve of
the links around a central image to be more aesthetically pleasing..which is
suppsoed to change mind you when we get further along.."

"Yes, well these are some other sites we've done..and ..what do you think of
this layout? I think this will appeal to your customers, while still not
losing your corporate clientelle..dooo youuuu liiiikeee thiiissss
deeesiiiggnnn..??*big false smile*"
and using the monotonous tone and eye contact to try to hypnotise her into
being calm.

Anyways..we got a second chance. We swung it so that we didn't quite
understand the concept she was trying to bring across...and I sat there and
desribed mentally..a little...I don't know..concept of a new site.

*slumps head to desk*
*sigh*
anyways..a spoken layout of what I thought she wanted on a page (I can't
DRAW!)..and she was like..yes ok..that is closer..

And THEN she adds that our competition already showed their demo..but she's
willing to see us again.

She told us to call her Friday, and tell her when we want to demo again.

I'm shooting to show her a demo FOR Friday, however..to try for us to get
back into her good books.
I mean for f***'s sake we were practically the incumbent for this! She was
calling the sales guy "Dear heart" a week ago..and now he is "Darren!".
Not Daaareenn..but DARREN!.

If we lose this client because of Bozo...grrrrrrr...
he had his chance.

Anyways..we had a meeting..and I gave the meat of the project to our second
web designer. I left f***head to do some flash introductions for the demo.
If he finishes great..if he doesn't no skin off our back.

But now I have to sit and work very closely with both of them until Friday.
*shakes head*

I'm freaking babysitting in other words..in addition to some development
work I have to do.Which means I'll have to do my development work at home,
and take care of directing this design during work hours here.

-Gel,
who needs to go grab a Boddington.