Thanks Erika, and all...

Sorry for the late response-- after I posted my survey question I got
no mail from HOF for over a day.  Then late yesterday afternoon, a
mail server somewhere belched forth TONS of mail for the HOF
lists.

That always happens on those few occasions when I really want an
answer...

Anyway, I appreciate what y'all had to say.  I'm truly sorry that
those of you who live in some measure of paradise have to pay the
nominal price of mediocre Web access ;)

I live in a a suburb of LA that is on the edge of the urban mass, so,
I have both DSL & cable available.  After evaluating the options, its
looking like cable will be the next best thing.  They have 768kbps
down / 128k up for $40/mo.  And 1.0M/256k up for $65/mo.  Plus
tax (14.12%!).  They also have 1.5M/384k for $104/mo.

Thanks again!  I'm gonna crawl back in my hole now :)

Ron Connelly
The Internet:Works