At 10:45 AM 5/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>For plain text editing, which do you prefer and why? I'm looking at
>replacing Wordpad with either TextPad or UltraEdit as my text editor of
>choice (not for coding, I use CF Studio for that) for quick editing jobs
>when I don't want to fire up MS Word. After evaluating both, UltraEdit would
>seem to have the most useful features. Anyone else have a preference?

I use either notepad or cf studio for small text docs like grocery lists. I
usually have cf studio open anyway. For bigger things I just bite the
bullet and open word. I don't do many things that are medium sized, so I
don't really have much use for anything in between. I honestly have grocery
lists and site documentation over 30 pages with embedded images and tables.
There is no in between.

But I edit most of my SQL in my email client so I can email it to myself
and search on it later in case I need it. I'm pretty silly that way.