> What makes ColdFusion Enterprise more scalable than the
> Professional version
> if you are not using ClusterCats for a software solution or Cisco
> LocalDirectory for a hardware solution? Last I heard, it was the same code
> base. :)

I feel the same way. If I were running a site getting 2 million hits an
hour, of course, I'd want Enterprise and a clustering type solution. But as
with many things involving performance, there are multiple solutions for
multiple problems. Death Clock had issues scaling in the past. So I made
sure to cache as much as possible, CFLOCK shared access vars, etc, and now
it works ok. It's not perfect. But the point is, I'm using CFPRO (well, my
ISP Is), and the server handles my 100k+ hits per day of traffic with, from
what I can tell, at least 98% uptime. The errors I _am_ getting lately are
things I _can_ fix, but have just been too busy.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ UIN : 3679482