> I know it really sounds callous, but we are working very hard
> right now on
> the partnership program and how that works with Macromedia and
> Allaire. The
> MM programs were quite different than the Allaire programs and we are
> trying to get those normalized and rolled out.
>
> Since I am less familiar with the Allaire processes, can you guys tell me
> how your relationship with Allaire worked? As community manager, I would
> really like to get your perceptions on how the program worked and
> what you liked and didn't like.

Only knowing it from an Alliance Partner perspective...

We get;
Discounts on purchasing products for resale (no sh*t, would you sell
something that doesn't come at a discount?)
A "pack" of products for a much reduced rate for the sake of demonstration
Notified when a new product is coming out
Reduction in costs for certain things like the Conference
Listing on the website under the Partner section
And I'm sure there's more but I just can't think of it...

Oh, and loads and loads of free software and stuff, honest, no, really, we
do... damn, he's not going to fall for it, is he? <g>

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited