I have done a bunch of audio recording over the years... it has been a
while...

here is where to start...

1. Get soundforge..

http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products/NewShowProduct.asp?PID=426

2. If it is only speech, 5-8Khz will do....
3. Record in mono...

you raw uncompressed file at 8khz will be 8,000 bytes per second...
480k per minute... under one meg for 2 minutes....

you can reduce that to half by reducing the recording rate to 4-5Khz...

It depends on what you are recording.. one voice talking directly with
no music can go there... it will be like AM radio essentially...

Compression will take it lower depending on how much white space is in
there and other variables...

-paris
[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]
[connecting people, places and things]