From: Philip Arnold - ASP [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 June 2001 12:11
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: How to build a website

> Wondered if you experts could give me suggestions. How do you go about
> structuring the navigation of your web sites? Do you use any tools or
> specific notation?
>
> My boss scribbles down some boxes with arrows pointing all over
> the place to
> represent links, i just wondered if there was a better way to do this.

Our designer takes what the client has asked for, carves it to pieces to
come up with a usable navigation and then decides where it would look best

He then provides a "screen shot" of how the site will look, and after the
client approves it, he gives us the little graphical parts and we build the
tech around that...

We do have a guy who takes the little bits and puts it together into HTML,
unless it's using frames and the layout is too complex - then I handle it...

It tends to be a 3 stage process though... Design, layout, technology

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited