From: Angél Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 12:53 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Cameras in the Office.

Hi all...this is your friendly controversial topic starter Gel again.
:)

They are going to install Video Cameras on our floor in the office due to a
recent spate of theft at the company.

How do you folks feel about this?

Is it an invasion of privacy, or something that is understandable and
necessary in an office environment? They are doing this without informing
the staff as a whole what they are doing, they are just going to install
them and hten after the fact they'll probably mention..."Oh by the way..we
are installing cameras..".

They're also implementing swipe-card door lock thingies instead of the punch
code locks they have now, which is cool, for the IT Development floor.

I think they've just made up my mind about leaving or staying. I didn't even
know that we've had computers stolen etc. and that it was so bad.

I understand companies have to do something in terms of security etc. and
protecting their equipment, but surely there are other ways than camers int
he office? I don't know of any other firm that has Cameras IN the offices
trained at their employees.

-Gel