There was some stuff about Canada I'm not sure where Moore got in that film,
like the rate of gun ownership. Moore pegged it at 30 to 40% (cannot
remember specifics). Of all the people I knew, less than 10% had a firearm
in their home. The government figures show less than 25%.

That said its different. Higher taxes, same food costs, more difficult
weather etc. Very different attitudes. Here's an old joke that might
illustrate it

An American, Scot and a Canadian are in a serious accident together. They go
up to heaven and are told they can return to earth for $150. the american
whips out his wallet and pays. So he's sent back immediately. The doctors
ask where are the other two, he replies that the Scot is trying to haggle
them down for a cheaper price, and the Canadian is arguing that government
should pay.

larry