It started as a comic book (which was great), became a fabulous cartoon
on Fox, then became a mediocre live-action prime-time thing.

The Tick is wierd, blue, and nigh-invulnerable.  He has a sidekick,
Arthur, who is (typically) cowardly and wears a flying Moth suit (which
got him fired from being an accountant).

He has friends like American Maid, Die Fledermaus (who became Bat Manuel
in the live action bit), the Sewer Urchin, Bi-Polar Bear ("This looks
like a job for Bi-Polar Bear!  But I just can't seem to get out of
bed....").  He fights villains like the Ottoman Empress (who has control
over furniture), Dinasaur Neal (a paleontologist who becomes a
dinasaur), the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight ("Yeah, baby,
yeah!"), Multiple Santa, etc.

Definately ubercool.

--BenD