I wouldn't say a lot of vegetarians - I'd say most, if not the vast majority
of them are not vegetarian because of the animal right issue. For some there
are very good reasons for their choice. Others however I really wonder
about. Our veterinarian recently had to treat one little ferret that nearly
died because of its owner's vegan beliefs. This genius thought that her
ferret should follow the same vegan lifestyle as hers. The idiot nearly
killed her animal because of the vegan diet she forced on this poor creature
- she never realized that ferrets are carnivores and cannot process
vegetable proteins.

As for the other types, I have no problem with them, it means more steaks
for me...

Actually that brings up the classic question, if vegetarians are those who
eat mostly plant matter, what does that make humanitarians?

larry