ray, did you start around the same time, or earlier?
oh, and happy 31st :) I just turned it last Friday.

tw

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 10:07 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: age and politics

> I guess im one of the old ones too, I started on a trs-80
> model III programming little D&D games in basic  with a
> buncha goto's and some gosub's and line numbers :) fun fun
> fun...but, from that moment, momma said she couldn't get me
> off the freakin thing...no computer, she couldn't do
> it....thank buddha I was sooo freakin stubborn, its paying off now ;)

You know, at one time I actually had a simple CF version of BASIC running.
It allowed for:

<cf_basic>
10 rem The Program
20 x = 1
30 y = 2
40 z = x+y
50 if z < 2 then goto 65
60 print "z is too high"
62 goto 70
65 print "z is ok"
70 print "the end"
</cf_basic>

Not sure where the code is now. What was cool is that all the commands (rem,
print, goto, etc) were defined as UDFs with a prefix, basic_, so to add new
functionality I simply created a udf with the name, basic_newfunction.