All,

Since I have no experience with php and limited exposure to perl, can
someone articulate to me why on earth would someone want to use
something other than cf (Java not included). I'm already aware of the
obvious answers such as, price, the cf community, Macromedia's apparent
direction with the product. What I'm really looking for is compelling
evidence as to why php or perl would be better, technically or
otherwise. Personally, I don't think they are, but I want to hear other
perspectives.

Thanks,
Mark