I was thinking of taking one of the easily available (read free) lists of commercial airports, which contain city and state, and attaching a zipcode that matches the city and state.

Unfortunately, that randomly grabbed zipcode might not be the exact mailing zipcode for the airport in question, as you point out.

If he was using it for rough distance calcs, or time zones, or something along those lines it would have been enough.

I'll keep looking.
Jerry Johnson

Chunshen (Don) Li wrote:
> Actual zipcode for the spot the airport is on, Jerry.  Thanks.

This isn't exactly how zipcodes work.  A zipcode points to a specific
post office (or other large distribution point).  Some large airports
will have their own zipcodes, and so the zip will be for "the spot the
airport is on".  On the other hand, the regional airport in my town
(tiny as it is) has the same zipcode as my apartment, which is several
miles away.

--BenD