Um, that something is assumed does not necessarily make it false. The US is
not ready for a black president or a female president. We probably couldn't
even get a Hispanic president. Right now it is a complete waste of time for
a any of those people to run because it is already given that they will
lose. There have been polls on the US that ask if people would vote for a
black person for president and the response was pretty racist. The same
goes for female candidates. Obviously, many of us have no problem with
leaders of other races, genders, or religions but many many people in this
country do have problems with that.