First, I do support regulated capitalism. I'm not one of these conservatives
who believes government is ALL bad (Lee, you lurking?).  The government
plays an important role in protecting the health and safety of its citizens.
But the less regulation and government interference with free trade the
better.

I never said conspiracies don't happen.  Watergate certainly was a
conspiracy.

And why do we know about it? Because conspiracies are doomed to fail -- the
bigger they are, the more people that know, the more likely they are to
fail.  People just have a very hard time keeping a secret.

So I choose not to live my life in paranoia and looking for boogiemen in the
media and the government.

A media conspiracy is absolutely the most ridiculous notion I can think of.
It's just not possible.  It would be too hard to keep a lid on it.  There
are just too many idealistic people from the top to the bottom in any news
organization.  If you'd ever worked in a large media company, as I do now,
you'd understand this. The idea of a media conspiracy across company lines
is just laughable.

H.