From: Russel Madere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 8:29 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: New News from Germany.

I'll settle this all!  It isn't bin Laden who was the mastermind of this.
It was Carlos the Jackal trying to get the French to release him.

Now that I have stated the absurd, let me pontificate.

This attack was perpetrated by either a nation state with excellent covert
operations and access to Middle Eastern zealots or a terrorist organization
with the financial resources the size of a nation state and access to Middle
Eastern zealots.

If Carlos was loose, he would be an excellent candidate.  However, the
French have him pretty tighly locked down.  Iraq is another candidate.  They
have reason to want to strike at America and at George Bush especially.
However the date is wrong for them; I would have expected such an attack on
January 15/16 2001 or the date of the Iraqi surrender.

Iran, Lybia and Syria all seem to be trying to join the world community, so
thier support of such an attack is unlikely.

Finally, the date has a lot of possible meanings.  Two that jump into my
mind are those relating to the Palestinians and 911.  911 would really only
have meaning for domestic terrorists.  Very few people I chatted with
connected 9-11 with an emergency until I mentioned it.  They did connect it
with the Palestinians.

That leaves in my mind 2 possibilities, Palestine went crazy and did this on
thier own.  That would basically mean their end because we would be greatly
pissed off.  Or a nation or rich terorist organization attacked us.  I rule
a nation out, because I really can't think of one stupid enough to do that.
As for terrorists, the only name spoken by any intelligence organization
with the financial resources to do this has been bin Laden.  But when a name
comes out officially as the target, then I will almost beleive it.

Like many former line animals, I take all "official" intelligence with a
large grain of salt.

Until the bombs start falling, I'm still open minded.  After that, I'll be
too busy to care.

Try Us!

Russel