Unleashed.  On your property.

Sad but totally not your fault.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Densmore
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 10:02 PM
  Subject: Dog question

  Today I was in my driveway and I had my dog on his runner next to me.

  One of the neighborhood dogs, who is MUCH smaller than my dog came
  into my yard and kind of snuck up on my dog I think he scared my dog
  and my dog grabbed him and shook him like a rag doll in his mouth. The
  other dogs eye popped out and the owners are saying they are going to
  sue me for the vet bill.

  I'm sure the laws are different from state to state and possibly city
  to city but here in Mass where I am there is a leash law. Their dog
  was not leashed and mine was. As bad as I feel I don't think I should
  have to pay anything.

  Does anyone know what the laws are regarding this?  Opinions?

  Thanks,
  Ben