You know.... I worked at Michigan State University College of Agg and
Natural Resources a few years ago.  While I was working there,
specifically on New Years Eve, 1999 the building I worked in was fire
bombed by ELF.

They bombed a researchers office who was trying to create a disease
resistant strain of corn to help feel poor nations.  The total cost in
damage to the building was over a million dollars.

I never was able to see their point of view.  How foes firebombing
research intended to feed poor people fit into their agenda?  It's
just stupid.

I also recall that a few years prior to that (1995) some organization
"freed" a bunch of minks (which all died) and then set fire to the
mink farm.  I didn't get that either.  How does burning a farm and
killing all the animals fit the definition of animal rights?  (As a
note, they apparently caught the guy who did that.)

Oh well.  People are crazy all over.

Doug