As a Giants fan, it's easy for me to be happy for Ricky.  I understand that
a lot of Fins fans would be upset.  I've always like Ricky.  He had a nose
ring in college, which I thought was a bit unusual for a football
player.  I personally don't like nose rings, but for some reason Ricky the
macho football player wearing one seemed 'cool' to me.  He stayed 4 years;
and I think it's reasonable to think he stayed b/c he really enjoyed his
college experience.  He was a physical monster with a meek and shy
disposition.  He was a superstar with problems like an ordinary joe.  He
seemed like the kind of person you would just want to chill with; the kind
of person you would like to get to know.

I haven't met any pro-football players so I don't know what most are like;
but when Ricky did interviews he just didn't seem like he was the
proto-typical jock.  I imagine if aliens came down to the Earth and
suddenly bestowed upon me the physical attributes necessary to be an elite
NFL runner; I would very much be like Ricky Williams.  He was a geek/nerd
who happened to be able to play football.

I hope he finds happiness.

PS I feel the lose of Ricky too.  I used to run wild over my friends in
NFL2k4 with Ricky.  Ricky could not be stopped.  They might as well have
armed him with a machine gun or something.   He had the fastest
acceleration of any of the RBs.  You need at least 3 defenders to gang
tackle him and if you don't hit him squarely he will accelerate to full
speed within a few foot steps.  .4 seconds left to half-time and your
opponent selects a nickle package?  Run it with Ricky to the right then cut
across the zone towards the left.  By the time you pass the line of
scrimmage time will have expired, but do not worry.  Ricky will find the
end zone.