OK, so if I understand this correctly, Drug companies in the US sell drugs
to Canada at their normal rates, then Canada subsidizes the drugs, brings
the cost down, and the then US Pharmacies buy the drugs back.

Am I understanding this correctly? Is that what some people are proposing we
do?

If this is what we are suggesting, wouldn't we completely destroy the
Canadian economy eventually? US taxpayers using Canadian Tax payers dollars
to purchase drugs originally made in the US.