  From: Chunshen (Don) Li
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 11:34 AM
  Subject: laptop again

  Hi,

  I'm thinking about getting a new laptop to replace my current broken one, for
computing power (mainly cf related projects and popular RDBMS like MS SQL
Server, Oracle 8i/9i and IBM DB2 UDB, some of which eval) and convenience, I'm
looking at one Compaq model, 2108US with 512 MB RAM (expandable to 1 GB), price
$1,300 range, comes with XP home edition.  The OS is a problem.  and since my
broken laptop has a licensed Windows 2000 Professional I would think it's legal
to transfer that OS to another one and meantime abandon the broken laptop, now,
has anyone upgrade XP home edition to Windows 2000 professional for a laptop?

  TIA.