--- dana tierney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> for the following, I would like to see a link....
> > Bush tried to push through free medication for
> seniors
> > but couldn't get the 2/3 votes to pass it. He had
> > settle for the current watered down version, which
> is
> > still better than what was in place 4 years ago.
This was when he was campaigning.

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH: We'll modernize Medicare, but we
will not wait to help seniors afford prescription
drugs. We'll give them direct aid now by expanding and
funding state assistance programs. Every senior with
an income of less than $11,300-- $15,200 for a
couple-- will have the entire cost of their
prescription drugs covered. For seniors with incomes
less than $14,600, or $19,700 per couple, there will
be a partial subsidy.

It was a long time ago so it's hard to trace the
progress to the current plan but you get the idea.

> > In the news today; US industry growth at 30-year
> high
> >

> for the following... please tell me you are kidding
> :)
>
> > I think we need the patriot act and Bush didn't
> put
> > the panties on the prisoner's head.

Which part?

-sm