but you beat it in 6 hours?

William Wheatley
Coldfusion Guru

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Angel Stewart
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 7:09 PM
  Subject: RE: Doom 3

  Ok...just finished playing it.

  THe graphics are good, but I don't think they are as phenomenal as
  people say. I have seen this the first time in Far Cry. I would rate Far
  Cry's graphics better, also because there were vast outdoor environments
  and the water was amazing. I'm playing with all the nifty graphics
  options on except Antialiasing.

  They've worked on story and gameplay. There are several NPCs that you
  can talk to, they all have spoken dialogue. You can interact with
  consoles that basically just add atmosphere to the game.

  The audio when you are playing, coming over your radio Comm set from
  other parts of the bases...usually with Marines screaming, dying, or
  informing that they are falling back to another position...is well done
  and adds to the tension.

  Narrow hallways, mostly shrouded in darkness and creatures coming out of
  that darkness to attack is also cool. But its all scripted. And
  creatures do appear from nowhere.
  This is....essentially..a Run and Gun , like Painkiller.

  The graphics, good use of darkness and forcing the use of a flashlight,
  excellent sound quality and the level design is where this game shines.
  There is also a story here for you to follow and get involved in, and
  I've so far only just scratched the surface of it. It is not as 'story
  lite' as previous Doom versions.

  -Gel