How do you work that out??

Netscape's browser was around long before IE?  Windows was simply a vessel.
In fact the first dial up tools we used for connecting our modems to the
Internet didn't even come from MS.  But like so many times from MS, they take
someone elses ideas and innovations, and incorporate them into their OS, and
in a few cases putting the original company out of business.

If anything... the Internet put MS in more homes!!  The Internet has been
around a lot longer than MS have... it just needed the 'killer' app to pull
it into the foreground... and that was Netscape, not a MS product.

I disagree they were 'responsible' for putting the Internet in our homes...
their dominance in the market, and the constant bundling of applications has
enabled more people to be able to access the Internet... I don't think
'responsible' is the right word.   They weren't even going to worry about the
passing fad... what a backflip that turned out to be!!!!