I just found out this past week my many-times-great grandfather (1851?) was a farmer in Sarnia, Canada (born in Manchester England) who was kicked off his farm by royal decree and moved across the bay and homesteaded in Michigan (just north of Harrisville in Haynes Township).

So apparently I just avoided being Canadian myself.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/09/04 08:05AM >>>
my paternal grandother's family descended from quebec through the upper
penninsula and ended up in detroit....not that it matters ;-)