Interesting. I was also in favor of John Anderson at the time. I'd
love to see something like this happen.

Dana

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Ousterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:55:31 -0500
Subject: RE: The Sam Factor! (Fox News can legally lie?)
To: CF-Community <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Nice visual.

I worked on John Anderson's campaign back in 78-79.  Question is how do we
create a 3rd party?  It would be interesting if we could use the web to create
a platform -- specific changes to laws -- to advance the middle's perspective
and solicit funding.  The first step would probably be to support specific
candidates of either party that also support most of the platform, then follow
up with our own candidates in specific markets where there is no acceptable
candidate running.

I am not a blogger, but this might be an interesting way to collect other
people's ideas on how to form a party of the vast majority, the silent middle.

Andy