>Eh? I'd actually suggest the opposite. Go with a card with good
>multimonitor support. ATI and NVIDIA are both good.

Yea -  I span monitors both at home (with 2 cards) and at work (with 1 card).  Using 2 cards does in fact give me problems with video playback and such.  For example, with a lot of apps, 'full-screening' something _makes_ it go on one monitor, and is impossible to get on the other.  Using a single card at work has been perfect - and I use an ATI.

I seriously stared in awe at my spanning 20" flats for about ten minutes when I first set them up.