Won Lee,

Off head, I would recommend one DB for easier management and data access.  However, if you have some confidential data and to mitigate risk, you may consider to create a new DB (not directly accessible by business users) and place data there, then, since they are related you would need replication or the like to "sync" data in two locations.

Don