Won Lee wrote:
> I asked the question because I didn't know if one would be more
> beneficial then the other.  No speed bonus?  Speed bonus would make it
> worthwhile for me.

To increase speed the relevant setup steps would be:
- get enough RAM so the 300 MB table is fully cached
- split logs off from data storage to a different physical storage
- split schemas over tablespaces on different physical storages

The results you can get from this are probably dwarfed by the performance increase you get from smart indexing.

Jochem