I absolutely think comparitive religion should be taught in public
schools.  It's highly relevant to current events, and anything that can
help a kid broaden his or her worldview is a great thing.  Being able to
learn about the history of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. as well as
Atheism in a non-slanted, non-judgmental way.

Education begets understanding, as far as I'm concerned.

- Jim