Well, on the pro side, I would say that if you're not sure you're up to having kids, or just don't feel like it, then more power to you! One should never feel obliged to have kids.
It's not like there's a shortage or something!
There is nothing irresponsible about not having kids. On the other hand, puppies grow into big dogs and all dogs are a big responsibility too. I never realized how true that is until I got a dog from the humane society that had not been adequately socialized as a puppy.
My mother once said children increase your capacity to feel joy tenfold but they also increase your capacity to feel pain tenfold! (shows what kind of kid I was?)

regards,
Patrick

Outbound email scanned for viruses. (e230)