>Now I've just got to decide if I'm going to bother return this motherboard
>just for the NIC.  The consumer in my says "yes, definitely" but the geek in
>me says "but you've already done all this work. and everything is working
>just fine!  You idiot - leave it alone!  Haven't you screwed up enough?"

Glad it all worked out for you.  I've been wondering about that myself.  My
life, is stored in a 180 MEG HD.  Every single important piece of important
documents as well as live sets my buddies did are on it.  I'm considering a
backup plan for this.  I cannot afford to lose that drive
either.   Recently, one of my drives went bad.  Luckily it wasn't the data
drive.

SO after your experience what is your plan to ensure the data on that drive
is never at risk?