Of course that was all before the war. When the UN was
doing the Oil-for-food thing. Lot's of people got very
rich and a lot of Iraqis died.

And people think we should let them call the shots.

http://www.savethechildren.org/emergencies/iraq/index.asp
"Millions of Iraqi children and their families lived
in chronic deprivation as a result of decades of
neglect. Since 1990, the mortality of children under
five has more than doubled and the maternal mortality
rate has more than tripled---two key indicators of the
needs of children and families in Iraq."