> Andy wrote:
> The military doesn't want it, need it, and can't use it.

How can this be true?  The numbers just don't add up here.

I read this weekend that the Army is reaching into it's last barrel of
reserve troops to send to Iraq and over 800 of them (40%) didn't show
up.  Which I should point out is only slightly larger than the
percentage that the Army expected wouldn't show.

But that's the point!  There are no more troops left.  We're out.

If we had a real war, unlike this made up one, we'd either have to
pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan or institute a draft.  Numerically
there are no other options.

While the military doesn't want a draft they also don't really want a
war.  If they get another one I don't see how there are any other
options than the draft.

I suspect college students have figured that out.