How do you feel about online degree programs such as those at Strayer
University, Phoenix Online, and the numerous better known universities
beginning to offer degree programs online? The reason I ask is that I went
to Alfred University for my undergraduate degree (Computer Science) and
decided to take a shot at Strayer University for my masters program. After
comparing the programs at local DC Metro schools (George Washington, George
Mason, University of Maryland, and Loyola) I realized a few things:

1. The programs at the better known schools offered very similar classes
that comprised their degree programs as compared to Strayer's Computer
Information Systems program.

2. The ability to do everything online and not have to travel to campus, etc
was a great benefit allowing me more time to pursue other interests.

3. Having hefty student loan debt as is, I could not justify spending 2 or 3
times what it would cost to attend a better "name" school just for the name.

A co-worker, without realizing I went there, made a somewhat rude comment
about Strayer without even knowing about it other than it is not MIT or RIT
or UMD or etc, etc. She went on to comment on past Strayer graduates she has
interviewed who were "dumb" or not as educated as others... Blah blah...

My take is that you get from school the what you put into it, but now I am
thinking that the Masters degree might not carry any weight even though the
classes and work are very tough and definitely graduate level.

Anyone have some thoughts on Strayer, or online degrees in general?

Thanks!

Mike