> Andy wrote:
> No, the real question is what did he do with his life.  He has fought and
> won against a difficult decease (remember, it is a decease, not a weakness)

Good point - no argument there.

> become Governor of Texas and then President of the US.  So while you
> personally detest him, he has been very successful.

I don't detest him, I just don't think he's a good President.  Which,
BTW, doesn't necessarily require intelligence, but I do think it
requires more quantitative decisions than faith-based.  This is why I
think Mr. Bush makes a poor President.

For example, look at Jeff Skilling the former CEO of Enron.  If HBS is
hard to get into, McKinsey is even harder.  He was a star there.
Unfortunately he was also a faith based guy and truly believed that
his energy trading business was a completely new "paradigm" that could
be rolled out to everything.

He believed in this so much that he ignored the numbers caving in around him.

As far as success, History will judge that. Becoming President
requires good marketing not personal excellence.  So far 50% of this
country think Mr. Bush has been a failure.  If Mr. Kerry is elected I
think in 4 years that number will jump to about 85%.