>> Robert wrote:
>> The plot thickens....
>
>Somewhat, but I still say the issue is, shouldn't the Pentgon know
>immediately what happened at Al Qaqaa?  That is, if the IAEA tagged
>this site and the US knew about it, doesn't the fact that nobody can
>really account for the HE say it all?

Had the NY Times just asked the Pentagon where the material was, sure, but that's not
what they did. They tried to ambush the White House with this charge on the eve of the
election when everyone is going 500 miles an hour in al different directions. There
were hundreds of thousands of tons of weaponry, explosives, ordinance, and associated
material in Iraq when we got there. I'm not surprised at all that it took a few days
to figure out exactly what happened to a very small fraction of that material from a
particular bunker.