From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 3:57 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Bin Laden shows his ugly face

> Jim wrote:
> But it's a good bet that those
> countries, while being unable to challenge the action reasonably would
have
> still failed to fully support it.

The way I view the situation, they were ready to commit, but wanted to
let the weapons inspectors finish.  It seems to me that Mr. Bush
allowed them the only out they could've gotten from the diplomatic box
Mr. Powell had put them in.

Purely academic, of course, but then why would you say they voted yea
on 1441?  Certainly they would've expected to be held to account for
their vote.