> 1.) The looted weapons to-do: nobody I've talked to sees this as
> massive policy failure which it clearly is.  If your primary job in an
> invasion is to secure weapons so that they don't fall into the hands
> of terrorists, wouldn't securing the *known* weapons caches be a key
> thing to do?  When the Pentagon dragged out that guy who said he was
> there, but doesn't really know what it was he removed, that shows a
> clear policy problem.

I don't see it as a policy problem, the people who came to the site first
said they didn't care too much about high explosives, they could deal with
those fairly easily. This was an issue given to the people on the ground to
deal with, I doubt this question made it up that high.

> 2.) Too few troops in Iraq: a clear policy problem.  #1 is a great
> example, as well as the military's inability to secure major cities
> and towns to this day.

I do agree that there seems to be a problem now, however the generals aren't
requesting additional troops, they would be given that if they wanted them

> 3.) Overall Iraq policy problems: no WMD when you have Mr. Powell
> testify to that fact one year before he changes his position, yet says
> nothing new was learned during that year.  too few troops, lack of
> planning for the aftermath testified to by both of the people that ran
> the county afterward, dismissing the Iraqi military, etc, etc.

> 4.) Economic policy: most people have no idea that Mr. Bush is one of
> the largest spenders ever.  They still perceive the tax cuts as cuts
> rather than shifts.

To me it stands to reason that Bush would be one of the biggest spenders, if
for no other reason than because things cost more now, the next guy almost
always going to spend as much as the last guy, of course we should remember
that it does take congress to spend money. Oh and we had a major terrorist
attack, and two wars. Those things kinda skew the average.

> 5.) Looming social security, medicare, medicaid crisis: most people
> have no idea how deep the hole is and how Mr. Bush's policies have dug
> us deeper.

But could Mr. Kerry's policies have gotten us out, I don't think so, I think
Kerry's ideas were worse that the Bush ideas, hence my vote.

> 6.) 40% of people in the country still think Hussein was partially
> responsible for 9/11

Well, I would say that to a point he is, but it is a stretch, Hussein's
invasion, and of Kuwait cause the US to come in and put troops on holy soil,
this pissed a lot of people off, his continued disrespect for the UN and the
US kept our troops over there, continuing to piss of more people, this got
to the point where they felt the US was having to much influence and they
acted on that. If Hussein hadn't invaded Kuwait, none of this may have ever
happened. I know its not what you meant, but I think it is true.