Sure they can, just not very well.

And, speaking of war funding - did anyone see the piece on 60 minutes regarding
equipment and our troops?  In order to afford even minimal protection most
Humvees are doctored up with plywood and sandbags around the exterior because
the government did not anticipate the insurgancy (yikes) and did not,
therefore, preorder any armor plating for the vehicles.  According to a soldier
in an interview - the sandbags help a little but are no help if an explosion
comes from beneath the vehicle.

Our soldiers are over there with inadequate equipment.  Their families have to
send over protective gear and even walkie talkies for them to communicate with
one another.  Yes, that's right - our soldiers are communicating with each
other using insecure walkie talkies from Walmart.

Ugh...

--- On Tuesday, November 09, 2004 10:33 AM, Gruss Gott scribed: ---