> 2.) You and I were having this discussion and I mentioned that, if you
> were right, New York was safe.  Others started chiming in that they
> were safe too.  I said that the South wasn't and someone joked, "who
> cares."  It was a joke!

I was one of those that chimed in. about Washington (DC and the State
<-- please not the capital letter).
And in response to Gruss' "We may lose the south" I said:

<snip>
To paraphrase another thread..."Good riddance"

;-)
</snip>

And I said it a full day _before_ Larry.

Now, my question: Where are _my_ threats of jack-booted thuggery? Why
does Larry get all the credit?

:-(

:-)

Perhaps Larry, you didn't use the all important smiley or winking
smiley...maybe that is why Sam thinks you're so serious...

And as it happens I have a large number of family and friends that
live in the South. In fact half of my family is from the south
(Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana) and proudly so. My very own
brother, who served in Iraq (yeah, I do keep bringing that up don't
I?) is currently stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. He voted for Bush! I
showed him this thread when he was at my house that other night (he's
on TDY to Ft Lewis) and his reaction to Sam's e-mail, was "Wow, some
people really need to take a chill pill"

will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher